'Cataclysm' is the title on everyone's minds this year. One of the highly anticipated additions in World of Warcraft's upcoming expansion is the inclusion of two new races: the Worgen and the Goblins. Some players are excited about rolling a shape-shifting Worgen, others are looking forward to blasting enemies with Goblin belt rockets, and there are those left wondering which race to roll once Cataclysm comes along. If you happen to be one of those undecided players, these brief overviews of both race's histories and features might help you make a decision.
The Worgen, the WoW equivalent of werewolves, reside in the peninsular kingdom of Gilneas. Ruled by King Genn Greymane, the Worgen were not always infected by the Worgen curse; they were once human, and Greymane was a founding member of the Alliance of Lordaeron. Greymane eventually abandoned the Alliance and shut his kingdom off to the rest of the world by constructing the Greymane Wall, believing that his powerful armies could withstand any assault without the Alliance's aid. However, he and his people were left defenseless against the Worgen plague that spread to pandemic levels throughout their isolated kingdom.
During the Cataclysm, the Greymane Wall will shatter, leaving Gilneas vulnerable to assault, with the nearby Forsaken being the ultimate threat. Greymane will be forced to seek the aid of the Alliance in order to defend their kingdom.
Worgen are able to shape-shift from human form to their worgen, and are able to choose any class except Paladin and Shaman. Their racial skills include:
- Aberration (passive) – Reduces duration of all Curses and Diseases used against you by 15%.
- Darkflight – Increases movement speed by 70% for 10 seconds.
- Flayer (passive) – Skinning skill increased by 15 and allows you to skin faster.
- Viciousness (passive) – Increases critical strike chance by 1%.
- Two Forms - Transforms you between human and worgen forms. You will revert to worgen form in combat.
Their starter stats place emphasis on Strength, Agility, and Stamina, making them ideal for various melee/physical classes. Based on their racial skills, they could be well-suited for DPS roles and be deadly in PvP.
Goblins have always been around in-game (even in earlier Warcraft games), selling various wares, services, and technology for copious amounts of WoW gold. Once slaves to jungle trolls, goblins were forced to mine kaja'mite from Mount Kajaro, but soon developed great cunning and intelligence from exposure to the mineral. The goblins fought for their freedom and won, turning the mines into the goblin capital of Undermine. The goblins were once part of the Horde, but chose to remain neutral to take advantage of their skills in mercantilism to earn more WoW gold from both the Alliance and the Horde.
Shortly after the Cataclysm, the goblins will be forced to flee their homeland to survive its destruction. Certain unprofitable encounters with the Alliance will force the goblins out of their neutral state and rejoin the Horde.
Goblins are able to choose from all classes except Druid and Paladin. Their racial skills include:
- Rocket Jump – Activates your rocket belt to jump forward.
- Rocket Barrage – Launches your belt rockets at an enemy, dealing fire damage.
- Time is Money (passive) – Cash in on 1% increase to attack and casting speed.
- Best Deals Anywhere (passive) – Always receive the best WoW gold discount regardless of faction standing.
- Pack Hobgoblin – Calls in your personal servant, allowing you bank access for 1 minute.
- Better Living through Chemistry (passive) – Alchemy skill increased by 15.
Goblins have high Intellect, Agility, and Stamina, making them ideal Shamans, Rogues, or Hunters. Their racial skills place an emphasis on banking and earning WoW gold, which will potentially make them the top WoW gold-earning race in the game.
So will you choose to be a Worgen that wreaks havoc on your enemies in PvP, or will you choose to be a Goblin and earn massive amounts of WoW gold? There's no need to rush your decision, but hopefully these overviews will help you make up your mind before Cataclysm is released.
For more MMORPG tips and tricks, game guides, WoW Gold, and other in-game assets, visit EpicToon.com. Safe transactions, low prices, and swift delivery guaranteed.