Heaps of new happenings in MMO land, folks. Let’s get right to it.
Guild Wars 2: Wintersday
Make some hot cocoa, warm up your GW2 gold then bundle up for the very first GW2 Wintersday! The latest Guild Wars 2 event starts December 14 and ends January 3rd.
Toymaker Tixx (a.k.a. the asuran Santa) will be going around giving toys to asuran boys and sylvari girls, and yeah, everyone else. New items will be available at the Black Lion Trading Company—get festive duds, seasonal weapon skins and other holiday goodies.
Dec 14: Resident weirdo Zommoros gets the (snow)ball rolling with new activities:
- Winter Wonderland – Jumping puzzle (Because jumping is awesome!)
- Snowball Mayhem – PvP snowball fight!
- Bell Choir – Dunno what this is, except that it’s a “musical activity.”
Then follow Mister Tixx (he’d be great in a nursery rhyme with Mister Mxyzptlk) pass through Tyria’s major cities as he makes his way to Lion’s Arch. Here’s his itinerary:
December 15: The Grove
December 16: Divinity’s Reach
December 17: Black Citadel
December 18: Hoelbrak (Toys for the norn? This should be interesting.)
December 19: Rata Sum
December 20-January 3: Lion’s Arch
Wintersday also features the awkwardly named Toypocalypse (seriously, ArenaNet?) wherein players fight off evil toys; and an instanced map that allows players to explore Monsieur Tixx’s fabulous airship toy workshop. Check out the preview to Wintersday below:
SWTOR: Game Update 1.6
Game update 1.6: Ancient Hypergate will be live in a few hours!
Get your SWTOR credits and gear up now! The new update brings a new Warzone: the 8v8 PvP Ancient Hypergate. Round up your team and battle opponents for control of pylons needed to energize your portal. (I promise it’s more exciting than it sounds.) There are also six (per faction) new space combat missions with badass bosses and tactical challenges, and vanity items, upgrades and more!
|Scheduled Maintenance for Game Update 1.6: December 11th, 2012
We will be performing scheduled maintenance for six hours on Tuesday, December 11th, 2012 from 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET/7PM AEDT) until 8AM CST (6AM PST/9AM EST/2PM GMT/3PM CET/1AM AEDT). All game servers will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than six hours, but could be extended.
WoW:Fast Patch 5.01.0A Notes
- Pet Battle Abilities that use a shoot or missile animation will now properly display their visual effect.
- Disabling Loss of Control in the Interface menu will now also disable the red cooldown swipes on the action bar in addition to the notification in the center of the screen. Loss of Control Alerts can be disabled in the Game Menu by going to Interface > Combat > and un-checking Loss of Control Alerts.
- When Loss of Control Alerts are enabled, the red cooldown swipes will not be displayed for abilities that were already on cooldown and in situations where that cooldown will last longer than the loss of control.
- Night will now fall at the proper time on all realms.
- Objective icons in Scenarios will no longer incorrectly persist until the Scenario is complete.
- Fixed an issue that could cause crashes during Pet Battles.
- Mac: Fixed an issue that could cause a crash to occur during in-game cinematics in OSX v.10.6
TSW: Joel Bylos Goes Bonkers
We knew game makers were an unstable lot, but we had no idea it was this bad. Joel Bylos, TSW’s Game Director has taken it to another level. Watch this clip: