FFXIV: ARR begins alpha test
In his 37th Letter from the Producer, Naoki Yoshida has announced that FFXIV’s grand finale is scheduled for November 11th! Players should note, though, that character information transferred to the reboot will only include data until October 31st.
Alpha testing for ARR has finally begun and Yoshi-P and team have put out a call for testers! Here are the requirements:
- Must currently have an active FINAL FANTASY XIV account
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be willing to participate actively and submit bug reports in at least one of the following languages: Japanese, English, French, German
- Must have a PC that meets the minimum system requirements of the alpha version of the game:
|Windows® XP 32bit, Windows®Vista32/64bit, Windows® 7 32/64 bit|
|Intel® Core™2 Duo|
Available space on hard disk/SSD
|NVIDIA® Geforce® 8800 Series|
|Broadband internet connection|
If you’re qualified and willing, proceed to the application page.
SWTOR: Cartel coin 101
When SWTOR rolls out its free-to-play option this fall, many new features will be introduced. Among those are the Cartel Market and cartel coins.
The Cartel Market is an in-game bazaar that will feature exotic wares and gear. Instead of SWTOR credits, cartel coins will be the currency used for purchases in the Cartel Market. According to the official site:
Cartel Coins may be used to purchase specialty items that allow you to customize and equip your character cosmetically. With Cartel Coins you will be able to purchase in-game items including customizable gear and convenience features that will enhance the game play experience. Cartel Coins will also be available for purchase from our website in various price packs.
Subscribers will earn 150 cartel coins for every month of subscription prior to July 2012. Cartel coins will not be replacing SWTOR credits.
WoW: Hotfixes for October 25
- The Valor Point rewards from random Dungeons, Challenge Mode Dungeons and Scenarios have increased.
- Yaungols on the Deadtalker’s Plateau will no longer sometimes cause player pets to attack unprovoked.
- Crumbling Jade Warriors no longer grant reputation with The Black Prince.
- Muckscale Rippers, Muckscale Slayers, and Muckscale Shaman are now less prolific.
- It is no longer possible for other players to tap Alani in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms while the Sky Crystal is being channeled.
- Players can now properly complete “Old Man Thistle’s Treasure”.
- Leven Dawnblade now offers the quest “The Mogu’s Message”.
- It is now easier for players to cooperate while completing “Mantid Under Fire”.
- Sra’vessIslandis now a more pleasant questing destination. The roads are less crowded, and all players battling elite Mantid will now be awarded credit for the kill.
Dungeons & Raids
- Disenchanting items awarded from Raid Finder bosses will no longer yield Blood Spirits.
- Player item level for Raid Finder should now always be calculated correctly.
- Mogu’shan Vaults
- Jan-xi and Qin-xi are now immune to the Druid ability Skull Bash.
- Raids that wipe while defeating Gara’jal the Spiritbinder simultaneously should now be eligible for loot.
- Players previously unable to plant crops in the Valley of the Four Winds are now able to do so.
- Fulfilling the requirements for Scenaterday on a Saturday will now properly provide achievement credit. Please note: As of Saturday October 27, this achievement will remain inactive for North American players.
- Fixed an issue that could cause socketed gems to disappear.