Trying to take in all the information about the just-launched Mists of Pandaria is like trying to drink from a waterfall. There are so many things to do, places to see, mantid to slay, WoW gold to collect, cloud serpents to ride… it’s enough to make a pandaren monk just want to sit on a rock and have a drink.
As luck would have it, it’s time for WoW’s annual ode to drink, Brewfest! This year’s festivities were moved back to accommodate Mists of Pandaria. Expect to run into a lot of plastered pandaren.
To get sloshed, please proceed to Ironforge, Orgrimmar or the beer garden nearest you. Brewfest runs from September 28-Oct 14 (or Oct 13, depending on which server you play in.) And please don’t drink and drive.
Free Server Transfers
The virtual stampede of pandaren has created massive gridlock and stupendously long queues. Blizzard has heard your piteous cries of woe and is offering free transfers until October 4th.
|Frostmourne – Oceanic PvP||Gundrak – Oceanic PvP|
|Illidan – Central PvP||Mug’thol – Central PvP|
|Kil’jaeden - Pacific PvP||Frostwolf - Pacific PvP|
|Area 52 - Eastern PvE||Velen - Mountain PvEExodar - Eastern PvE|
|Darkspear - Mountain PvP||Bloodscalp - Mountain PvP|
|Tichondrius - Pacific PvP||Dark Iron - Pacific PvP|
|Stormrage - Eastern PvE||Trollbane - Eastern PvE|
|Kel’Thuzad - Eastern PvP||Alterac Mountains - Eastern PvP|
Characters on a source realm are only eligible to transfer to the destination realm directly across from it.
To take advantage of these transfers log into Account Management, select your World of Warcraft license, and at the bottom click on Free Character Migration. Eligible characters will be listed. Please see the Free Character Migration Disclaimers and FAQ for more info.
SWTOR Game Update 1.4 is Live!
SWTOR has quietly released Game Update 1.4: Terror from Beyond. Ok maybe it wasn’t so quiet, maybe it just couldn’t be heard over the din of Mists of Pandaria. But we love us our Star Wars and can’t wait to get all the goodies SWTOR credits can buy in this new patch.
From the official site:
- Operation: Terror From Beyond will take you to the remote world of Asation where the mysterious Sith Lords known as the Dread Masters have found a way to unlock the ancient Gree Hypergate, opening a door to an unknown place and an unspeakable horror that now threatens the entire galaxy. It will be your mission to close the portal before it’s too late and to destroy whatever gets through.
- New Weapons and Armor to upgrade your characters’ effectiveness and appearance with the Legendary Dread Guard gear.
- Improved Group Finder lets you join a group for an Operation or Flashpoint and return to your previous location when you’ve completed the mission.
- Unify Colors for Companions allows you to select an option to match all your companion’s gear to his or her chest piece for a more stylish look.
- New ‘Facial Expression’ Emotes is a new set of slash commands that allow you to set your character’s expression. Let the rest of the galaxy know how you really feel.
TSW Issue #3: The Cat God is Live!
You will recall that The Secret World Issue #2, Digging Deeper, was delayed a few times, and was released just last week, which led us to assume that Issue #3 would also be pushed back. But no! Funcom proves us wrong with the right-on-time release of Issue #3: The Cat God. Bravo, guys!
Here are highlights, from the official site:
Two new missions are available with Issue #3:
- ‘The Binding’, which brings you to the City of the Sun God in Egypt to learn more about the Seven Sentinels. This truly epic investigation mission is definitely one of the most challenging and extensive.
- ‘Dogs of War’ plays on the mounting conflict between the vampires and their allies. Use your wits and battle prowess to instigate a war between the werewolves and the vampires.
There are also a full set of new Lair missions available!
The Cat God himself, after whom Issue #3 is named, will make his appearance in October as we are getting closer to Halloween. The Halloween event will run through the end of October and into the first week of November, and will include several missions which set off a brand new storyline including a new villain. So there’ll be plenty of opportunities to take on the challenge and learn what’s behind this new, dark threat to The Secret World come October!