After a bit of a delay, the first major patch for SWTOR, Patch 1.1.0, Rise of the Rakghouls has been released. It includes a new level 50 Flashpoint, ‘Kaon Under Siege’ for play in Normal and Hard Mode.
‘Kaon Under Siege’ takes place in Kaon in the Tion Hegemony. Rakghoul plague has decimated the population (killing most but turning some into grotesque monsters), leaving a small group of survivors that have miraculously been able to fend off the attacking Rackghouls. Your goal/ mission is to rescue the survivors with three Imperial or Republic allies and get to the bottom of the Rakghoul plague.
“Operation: Karagga’s Palace, part II” is an expansion of the earlier operation wherein you test your mettle against Karagga’s army of bounty hunters and Battle Droids. Victory will get you powerful weapons and armor; even better rewards (more SWTOR Credits!) await those who play in Hard Mode.
Major issues with Patch 1.1.0 led to the quick subsequent release of Patch 1.1.0a, which corrected bugs that had players up in arms. Exploitative farming of turrets is no longer possible; they are now immune to damage. Players clamoring for a mass rollback of Valor will be disappointed, though, as no such rollback will be enacted. However, accounts that seemingly exploited the bug will be monitored/investigated for possible Valor adjustments or account actions. Also, those who were frustrated by PvP on Ilum can rejoice now that players can no longer “camp” on the opposing faction’s base.
Game Director James Ohlen said that their priorities continue to be “bug fixing, balance changes and exploit-proofing.”
1.1.0a Patch Notes – 1/19/2012
- Fixed an issue that caused assigned loot bags in Karagga’s Palace to distribute items with class inappropriate stats.
- Players can no longer enter the opposing faction’s safe base area, thus preventing players from continually “camping” the other faction’s base.
- Turrets inside faction bases were not intended to be destroyed and are now immune to damage.
- The population cap for instances of Ilum has been reduced to improve performance.
- Implemented optimizations to improve performance on Ilum.
- Loading screens no longer appear when other players spawn nearby.
Next time we’ll discuss what’s coming up on SWTOR — new content and game systems, expanded Legacy system, UI customization, information on new Warzones and Flashpoints