When RIFT launched last March 1, not even Trion Worlds expected the fantasy Armageddon game to thrive in the MMO arena dominated by World of Warcraft.
But six months in, more than a few players have taken a shine on the frantic rift-sealing and soul-tweaking that separates RIFT from the rest of the pack. The emergence of this loyal fan base is not lost on Trion Worlds, as it announced today generous milestone perks for all those still playing the game.
Starting August 25 to September 1, all current subscribers will receive these half-birthday week bonuses:
- Special Surprise Birthday Gift. Expect this to be either a title, pet, mount or gear (in that order of likelihood).
- Bonus XP. Applies to both PvE and PvP activities.
- Guild Bonus XP. Applies to guild quests.
- PvP Rewards Bonus. Extra Favor and Prestige for Warfronts and open-world PvP.
- Planarite Rewards Bonus. Extra planarite for fighting and sealing rift invasions.
- Plaques and Marks Bonus. Higher chance for extra Plaques of Achievement and Marks of Ascension in dungeon and raid runs.
RIFT will also be opened up for a week of free play “with no leveling or zone restrictions” for new and returning players, says community manager James “Elrar” Nichols in the official announcement.
We imagine the RIFT Platinum spammers will be out in full force, taking advantage of this holiday like caged animals let loose in the wild, so prepare to be extra generous with those GM reports.
Spam upticks aside, a week of free play should be the perfect way to butter up new RIFT recruits. Then once they’ve been hooked to their High Elf cleric, seal the deal with the temporarily reduced box prices.
The standard digital game will be available for $4.99 when purchased together with one of the multi-month subscription plans. Enjoy and happy half-birthday, RIFT!